[Linux-libre-announce] Linux-libre on RISC-V

Jason Self j at jxself.org
Mon Nov 5 04:56:08 PST 2018

I've started building Linux-libre kernel packages for RISC-V,
starting with version 4.19.1.

Since there isn't a standard RISC-V architecture you might ask
*which* RISC-V? I mean the 64-bit little-endian variant. More
specifically, -march=rv64imafdc or RV64GC for short. This seems to be
what's been agreed on by major GNU/Linux distros.

I normally build all supported kernel versions on all supported
architectures. In the case of RISC-V, though, versions older than
4.19 won't be supported since they lack the necessary drivers in
upstream. This is the minimum version needed to boot into userland
without patches.

This brings the total number of supported architectures to 7.
In alphabetical order:

amd64
arm64
armhf
i386
ppc64el
riscv64
s390x

The master server has been updated. The mirrors will sync up over the
next few days.